2.15.2012

Hyperthyroidism Part 2

Today I went to Dr. Julie, my new family/general practitioner. My new favorite doctor! Not only is she REALLY nice, but she didn't say a word about my weight so I felt very comfortable.

After spending 20 minutes discussing my family history, she ordered another blood test, this time testing three things: blood sugar levels, TSH and antibodies. The blood sugar levels are because I was concerned, the TSH to confirm that it wasn't a fluke and the antibodies to determine if it's Grave's Disease or not. I would really like to NOT have another autoimmune disease but at least it's treatable and manageable if I do have it. I should know in about 4 days what's going on with all of these tests. Although I don't want to know, I know that if I DO know, I can manage it and ultimately turn out healthier (even though avoiding the whole thing sounds great...).

I was also glad to be able to confirm that I have IBS (yay..LOL) along with GERD (what a GREAT combination) and that they are managed the same way!! So if I can behave myself, I can take good care of myself. Funsies.

I also got two new pairs of shoes (one for the office, one for exercising) and a butt-load of groceries today. I made lasagna for dinner and now I can barely keep my eyes open...

Okay! So that's the update.

Here's a picture of a cute bunny!


I would also like you to please consider "like"-ing my mom's facebook page and checking out her website as well. More cute bunny pictures there!!



Thanks friends!!

~Steph

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Steph!
    You know the most wonderful thing about lasagna...?
    Super awesome, and easy, leftovers!!!
    -Sometimes making 2 pans is totally worth it.
    Love you, girlfriend!
    Kari Lynn

    ReplyDelete