7.21.2014

Writing Wridiculously.

(I read in an online comic that I'll get more views if I misspell something.)

Welcome back, readers!!

I apologize for the delay - I've been keeping busy with a couple of different new writing projects I'm taking under my wing. I love blogging, but there is something so special about a hand-written note that brings out the feeling in all of us.

Recently, I was looking for some cute stationery because my dad doesn't like technology or the idea that the government can spy on us through it. He lives a couple thousand miles from me, so he said he'd rather hand-write letters. It's been a LONG time since I've hand-written letters. I definitely found myself missing my backspace and my spell check. Anyway, I came across a website known as www.moreloveletters.com and before I knew it, I was sucked in. I've already written two letters (from their requests) and I'm excited to write more. The last letter I wrote was to an Airman named Brad who is on his first deployment. Then that got me thinking about this organization I used to volunteer for waaay back in college called Soldiers' Angels. I quit back then because I had enough of my own problems to worry about, but these days I found myself wondering if they're still up and running, and they sure are! So I rejoined their letter-writing team and found myself an epal as well (think pen pal, but through email). I am actually really excited to be volunteering for both of these organizations, and if you feel called to send empowering words of love and encouragement through hand-written letters and notes, check them both out!

Smiles,
~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment