7.26.2012

"There's A Fire Starting In My Heart"

Lately, I've been digging into that age-old question, "What do I want to be when I grow up?"

If you know anything about my work history, you'll note that I've done everything from up-selling shoes to cleaning out the dreaded men's bathroom in a convenience store.

As you know, it's been about three months since T found out he was being pushed out of the OSU PHD program. Our entire reason for staying in Columbus is suddenly non-existent. I started thinking about what I'd like to actually do as a career, something I am passionate about. I was actually inspired by a friend of mine who just quit her day job to become a healthy-living coach full-time.

On her website she discusses how she came across this particular genre of career (I don't know anyone who woke up one morning and said to themselves, "I'm going to be _____!") by assembling a list of possible careers and trying them on for size, so to speak.

I loved this idea, so I started putting together my own list and then went through and starred anything that got my heart beating just a little faster. I realized that "writer" has pretty much always been on my list of things I want to try, so I started doing some research. I began to look around the internet and discovered a few things I thought I might try. I started up my own Hubpage (look to the left-side of the screen, you'll see a list of my posted hubs) and I'm already getting some great responses. I have to admit it's getting me just a little excited about writing!

Obviously there is much more research involved here but I'm considering free-lance writing on the side to see how that works out for me. :)

http://srbeckel.hubpages.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment