3.12.2012

Finally answering the "What's going on?" question.

About a month ago, I went to the doctor because I was tired. They took three vials of blood and I left to get lunch. I was expecting my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) to come back low (indicating hyperthyroidism) and it did. They tested me for Grave's Disease and I do NOT have it. So that's good news!

Okay, on to the bad news. They tested my blood sugar and discovered it was abnormally high, diagnosing me with diabetes. I can't even bring myself to say the word. I just tell people I have high blood sugar. I'm doing really well avoiding sugar but I can't psychologically deal with it for some reason. Both of my dad's parents had diabetes and yes, I'm overweight, so it makes sense in some strange way but mostly when I think of it, I think of that old guy from the tv commercials who pronounces it "die-ah-bee-tehz." I think of obese, icky, gross people who don't take care of themselves and are dirty and icky. Like this...


Also, they did an antibody test to test for Grave's and discovered something even more appalling. As if I wasn't feeling gross enough, I then found out that I have Hepatitis B. I don't have tatoos, I don't do drugs, I've never given blood, and I don't even go into places if I feel uncomfortable. I don't know how on earth I got it but I have it. Apparently I wasn't fully vaccinated for this (which is pretty much required by most school systems...) so somehow I got it. I'll find out in a couple weeks if was able to fight it off or if I've become a chronic carrier. Yay. Fan-freaking-tastic.

Today, I went into the MinuteClinic at CVS pharmacy and I was told my blood pressure was a little high again...although last week it was fine so I'm inclined to think it was due to stress and my illness...oh, I have a sinus infection. Yup. And I took Lucy to the vet to check out her ears and she's got a yeast infection in her ears. *le sigh* Hopefully we'll feel better soon. This is what we both need.


Today I took someone on a tour! My first one! Very exciting. Tomorrow I will be taking probably my first sales call and I'll be up and running probably in a few weeks. I am excited! And so f-ing sick of being tired and sick so I'm just barreling through it full force. Like this!


Well, it's time to go. :) G'night.

~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment