3.17.2012

Things you SHOULDN'T do on facebook.

THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO ON FACEBOOK:

1) BE INSENSITIVE.

Face it, friends...facebook has become important enough to hurt other people's feelings. TV shows have started doing segments on cyber bullying and people are rallying virtually to stop legislature and support Buddy the Elf hosts SNL. So here are some things you shouldn't say on facebook, taken from actual facebook posts.


(on the wall of someone who recently miscarried who posted about trying to lose weight) 
"7 lbs baby yaaaaaaahooooooooo!" 

[Really? Did you FORGET that awful, sad post she had about how she lost her baby like four months in, posted a few weeks ago??]

(on the wall of someone who has been struggling to stay afloat in the sea of depression and accidentally misspelled something)
"The key to facebook is spell check."

[My response, "The key to being a good friend is letting things go once in awhile." Bitchy? Yes. Deserved? Also yes.]

2) POST THE DUCK FACE.

You know what I mean. Here are some really good examples of what NOT to do.

Okay, that one is REALLY EXTREME. But I think you know what I'm getting at. 

THIS just isn't sexy. Or cute. Or, really, worth taking the time to upload. Ever.

*barfs*

Okay, I will admit that this one cracks me up.

3) POST WHAT YOU'RE DOING EVERY F*CKING SECOND OF EVERY F*CKING DAY.

I actually had to change my settings on someone recently for posting approximately 25 posts every day. Un-f*cking-believable. I literally had to go through the facebook help pages, figure out how to change my settings on that person and it wasted a good 10 minutes of my life that I won't be getting back. I feel like I should sue them.

(to be continued...)



1 comment:

  1. My biggest pet peeve is people asking me personally to stop requesting them to be a friend in Facebook games. It is much harder for an individual person to go through all of their friends and single out that one person to not get a request. Why can't they just block the requests... which show sup right underneath the post?!? It's much easier to turn off requests on your own profile than asking someone else to single you out. Seriously!!! That's what I did because I understand that I'm not more important than anyone else. lol

    Basically, I hear ya. lol Also, I'm sorry I post a lot on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete