3.28.2012

Ultrasound Anonymous

Today was a VERY interesting day. I met my endocrinologist today. She's very nice, very action-oriented and speaks VERY quickly (which made the appointment go by quickly so at least there's that). She reminded me of this actress in the way she looks and the fact that her name was Sophia...


The doc says my thyroid is enlarged (we already knew that) and that my TSH was still lower than normal (we already knew that too). She told me she wants to see an ultrasound of my thyroid to see what's making it hyperactive AND inflamed (not usually seen together). She warned me that I'll probably gain weight when we get the TSH levels regulated (yay...) and then she mentioned there are injections I can be put on to help me lose weight (wait, what?) if it comes down to that. My family doctor, Dr. Julie, gave me GREAT news this week...OMGSH I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THE GREAT NEWS.

The Hepatitus B has cleared my body. YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

They said the antibodies are still a little high so they want to do an ultrasound on my liver to see what's going on (if there's any damage, etc.). Since both of these clinics use the same radiology clinic, there is a distinct chance I'll be able to get them both done in the same appointment.

ANYWHO

Moving right along. Dr. Sophie put me on a beta blocker for heart palpitations that she thinks might actually be related to either my hyperthyroidism or diabetes. It comes with 4 sticker warnings directly on the bottle...it's just a little scary.


Enough about doctors and pills. 

Um...apparently that's all I can think about. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment